BOAT TOURS – National Lighthouse Museum Staten Island NYC
All Tours are scheduled for 3-4 hours, however, tides and currents may increase the time needed to return to dock!
BOAT TOUR RULES:
• All boat tours will depart from Pier 1, St. George, Staten Island, adjacent to the National Lighthouse Museum.
• Check-in begins an hour before boat’s departure. Boarding begins 30 minutes before departure. Tide and currents may delay our return to the dock. Please plan accordingly.
• Due to space and safety requirements, large coolers are not permitted on board, only very small carry-ons.
• Refreshments are available on board to be purchased.
• Please be aware that there may be boarding limitations for people with disabilities at the pier. Kindly call us to discuss if this might be an issue for you or your guest 718-390-0040.
• Please note FareHarbor is the processor of credit card payments for the National Lighthouse Museum. A charge for FareHarbor will appear on your credit card statement, not National Lighthouse Museum.
• Tickets are non-refundable.
• Lighthouse Boat Tours commence rain or shine.
• Currently, parking spaces are available for FREE in front of the museum for visitors.
• The Staten Island Ferry terminal muni-metered parking lots are also closest to the museum and FREE on Sundays. Visitors can pay by credit card with coins. Private lots to the north of the terminal can be used at a flat fee of $7.00 per day. Please note that overnight parking is not permitted in any of these lots.
• Two-hour metered parking is available on Bay Street.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PRECAUTIONS
Do I need to be vaccinated to visit the museum?
In accordance with NYC Health Department’s Key to NYC, the National Lighthouse Museum requires all visitors age 5 and over to show proof that they have completed their full COVID-19 vaccine series (i.e. received two doses in a two-dose series or one dose in a one-dose series) to enter. Visitors over the age of 18 will also be asked to show an ID. Children below the age of 5 will be allowed in with a vaccinated adult.
Proof of vaccination may include:
• CDC Vaccination Card (or photo)
• NYC COVID Safe app
• New York State Excelsior Pass
• NYC Vaccination Record
• CLEAR Health Pass
• An official immunization record from outside New York City or the United States
What added measures is the museum taking to reduce my risk of exposure to COVID-19?
We’ve made the following on-site enhancements and safety requirements to reduce your risk of exposure to COVID-19.
• All visitors over the age of two and all staff are required to wear face masks at all times, even if you are vaccinated.
• Hand-sanitizer units are stationed throughout the museum.
• Restrooms are single use and regularly sanitized throughout the day.
We continue to monitor and abide by state and city guidelines to inform the museum’s operations. For the safety and enjoyment of our visitors and staff, we reserve the right to request that anyone who does not follow these protocols leave the museum.