Egger’s Ice Cream Parlor has opened a more convenient window-service pop-up location on the beautiful grounds of Historic Richmond Town in a structure designed to represent a 1920s American diner. Join us in the perfect setting for Staten Islanders to enjoy an Egger’s sundae outside in the fresh air!
Egger’s Homemade Ice Cream Parlor opened in 1932 on Castleton Avenue and Broadway next to the Capital movie theater. The original Egger’s was owned by Mr. Richie Egger.
Mr. Egger ran the ice cream parlor in this location until 1950 when he “scooped up” all of his products and set up shoppe on Forest Avenue and Barrett Street. After several successful years in the small shoppe that only held 6 bar stools, Richie Egger “shakes” up the business. He sells the ice cream parlor and all of its “secret recipes” to Mr. Selle. After 12 years of selling cones, shakes, and sundaes, Mr. Selle decided to split further up Forest Avenue, to the present shopping center.
After celebrating 30 years of ownership, Mr. Selle “sprinkles” off to retirement in 1980, and passes the tradition on to Mr. Nemkin. Mr. Oleg Nemkin ran a successful family ice cream parlor with his wife Karen and daughter Samantha for 25 years, where he expanded the business to a second storefront and established a successful candy corner and busy year-round dining room.
At the end of 2014, he sold the ice cream parlor to longtime employee Ms. Danielle Raleigh. As the current owner, Ms. Raleigh runs the ice cream parlor with her father Dan, who assists making ice cream, mother Jeanne who works on the accounting and supply runs, sister Erin who is a veteran waitress after 8 summers scooping at the shoppe and brother Brian who has quickly picked up the family trade. At any given time, you are guaranteed to see at least one Raleigh representative behind the counter!
Serving scoop by scoop to the Staten Island community since 1932, Egger’s Ice Cream Parlor is a Staten Island staple.
Source: About | Egger’s Ice-Cream Parlor